I did The Sunshine Blogger Award – !!here!! not too long ago (the end of August) so I’m not going to ask any questions of my own or nominate any other bloggers this time around because I’m lazy. 🙂 I was, however, nominated by Liz (massive thanks) over at Cover to Cover recently and as she asked some really cool questions I wanted to answer them.👍
The Tag Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
1. Two bookworms walk into a bar… what happens next?
They look around bewildered and confused as to their surroundings and realise that they are in the wrong place. Then, slowly, very slowly they apologise for the intrusion, back out the door and walk to the nearest bookshop and the comfort of familiarity.
They order a drink, chat about authors and books, have some more drinks, order some food, have even more drinks, have dessert, have another drink, get a room and then reenact their favourite scenes from their favourite books. They then realise that this is a brilliant idea and that it is a fantastic concept for a book and hey presto the bookasutra is born!😂📚😱😝
2. Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 becomes a reality, what will you do to save the books?
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire… The A-Team.
I’d hire The A-Team.
3. You’re hosting a dinner party and you can invite 4 (dead or alive) authors – who and why?
Well, if I invited dead authors depending on the level of decomposition they’d either stink the place up or be bones. If they stunk the place up no-one would want to eat through gagging. If they were bones, how would they eat? It’d go in the mouth and drop straight out again!😂 And, what if they’d been cremated?! They’d just be a pile of ash!⚱️I guess, if that was the case then I could put the ash in the pepper pot and offer the other guests pepper for their food.😂
OK, I’d invite R J Barker, John Gwynne, Nicholas Eames and Joe Abercrombie solely because I think it’d be a pretty cool group.👍
4. If you could be an author of a published book, which book/author would it be?
5. You’re stranded in the wilderness all alone, it’s a lot of feet of snow outside and you have supplies to last you a month. You find a magic wand which allows you to bring to life 1 character from a book to spend time with you…… which character would you choose and what would you get up to?
Yennifer of Vengerberg from The Witcher series of books by Andrej Sapkowski and we’d spend the time…….. crocheting.😱😂😝
6. You need to plot revenge on a fellow bookworm (for whatever reason, they tore your favourite book to pieces, let’s say), how do you pay back?
I don’t. I forgive and forget believing in the power of positivity and sharing the love. After all, we all make mistakes so I’d move on, not worrying about the past transgression, grievous though it is and invite the offending bookworm to come and sit around a campfire with me, making daisy chains, singing hymns and braiding each others hair (obviously I lack hair so it’d have to be my beard). Peace y’all.
Ah, fuck that shit! We’d fight in an anything-goes hardcore rules last bookworm standing barbwire 1,000 light-tubes deathmatch.
7. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would it be?
OK, I’ll just come out and write it…..female, I wish I could read in female! That way it might help me to understand them!😱😂😝
8. Has a book ever angered you? Which book and why?
Under the Dome by Stephen King. 1,000 pages of awesomeness that finishes with 50 pages of drivel. Worst. Ending. Ever!
There’s a few other books but, ya know, if I explained why they angered me I’d have to veer into spoiler territory.
9. Which fictional character is most like you?
I’m most like John Snow as I know nothing.
10. What is the most unique thing you have ever learned about through reading a fictional book?
That it is possible for a T-Rex to copulate with a human woman! I mean, it’s in a book surely it has to be true?! I presume that the author did research on the subject. I know T-Rex’s were a huge type of dinosaur but they had tiny arms so perhaps they had another tiny appendage too and well, ya know…….
11. What is your favourite classic?
I’ve not read many classics so I don’t have many to choose from but out of the ones I’ve read my favourite is Dracula by Bram Stoker.
Follow The Tattooed Book Geek on: