Today on The Tattooed Book Geek I have something a bit different for you all, an infographic looking at which generation reads the most courtesy of Best By the Books with an original introduction written by Krystal from Best By the Books.
Which generation do you think reads the most?
You may be tempted to think the two older generations—Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation—are the prolific readers. After all, younger generations are seemingly more at home spending their time on social media and watching TikTok videos.
However, the actual reading habits of the 5 generations—Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation—may surprise you.
There are a lot of similarities but also some interesting differences between them.
Best By The Numbers have dived deep into the reading habits of the generations in their new infographic.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Gen Z have increased their reading more than the other generations since the beginning of COVID-19.
- Millennials read the most. They’re also the biggest library goers.
- Print books are still preferred across all generations although everyone prefers to read news online.
- While Gen Z prefer fantasy novels, Baby Boomers read thrillers while the Silent Generation are most likely to read mystery/suspense novels.
- And something fun? The older the French get, the more likely they are to read erotic books.
What the infographic shows is that all generations still like to read books and online content. Although technology dominates many of our lives, the appetite for reading remains strong across all age groups.
For more insights about the reading habits of the 5 generations, check out the infographic below.
Infographic: Which Generation Reads the Most?